Home » 2017
Yearly Archives: 2017
Happy New Year!
As you may know, the Federation has served as the State Lead for SOAR in Illinois (IL SOAR Team) since early 2015. We recognize that SOAR is often an additional effort on top of your day-to-day work, and that is the case here at the IL SOAR Team as as well.
And yet we find that small but effective progress is being made, and that we have SOAR champions throughout the state! So let’s take a moment to review just a few things IL SOAR accomplished in 2016:
- Began work on a SOAR/IPS Learning Collaborative.
- Facilitated a Regional Forum held in Decatur.
- Ran multiple SOAR Fundamental in-person sessions in places like Chicago & Joliet.
- Held multiple Outreach presentations in places like Waukegan and Rockford.
- Worked with partners to modify the IL SOAR Process.
Now that we’ve shared some of our accomplishments from 2016 we’d love to hear from you. Reach out to the Illinois SOAR Coordinator with your 2016 SOAR Accomplishments and you might even find them highlighted here!
Late last year, the National SOAR TA Center issued an RFP for technical assistance grants. The awards are targeted specifically to Continuua of Care – the local coalitions of providers serving persons who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. This RFP was open to CoCs in all fifty states. We are very excited to announce that five CoCs in Illinois were awarded this grant:
- IL 500 (McHenry)
- IL 501 (Rockford)
- IL 502 (Waukegan, North Chicago, and Lake County)
- IL 510 (City of Chicago)
- IL 515 (South Central Illinois)
While there is no direct funding, this grant provides the following opportunity to CoCs:
- A one-day local planning forum facilitated by the National SOAR TA Center in conjunction with a designated local lead and the State leads. At this forum – critical components of SOAR are described and participants will develop their action plan for establishing the community infrastructure and collaborations needed to effect systems change and implement the SOAR process.
- The grant also provides the opportunity for the local lead from the CoC to attend (at no cost) an upcoming Leadership Academy. The Leadership Academies are designed to help the local leads learn how to facilitate and support SOAR processes in their region.
The State Leads look forward to working with the awarded CoCs. Congratulations!